My second unit completed. Two so far this month. This time it is a battery of Elite Miniatures British Foot Artillery. I got these models from Nathan at Elite Miniatures Australia. I brought three guns and crews. There were five crewmen per gun. After I had painted all fifteen crew I decided to only use four per base so mounted the remaining three miniatures on separate round bases. Being Elite miniatures a lot of the guys are looking at something up in the sky. I am not sure why they are sculpted that way but it is certainly a way of identifying Elites.
The extra crew. They will either be decoration on the table top or used as gunners in skirmish games.
Decided to do something a little different with one gun. So here we have the crew replacing a damaged wheel.
The battery in action.
Finally got these chaps finished. Brought so long ago the shop that sold them to me has been out of business for six months. I had actually forgotten I had them until I unpacked a box of crap left untouched since we moved to the country three years ago. It was a little like Christmas. Also found some Perry French Marshals and a pack of Senior Officers of various regiments lounging about and a whole lot of woodland Indians I had got for a stalled War of 1812 project. Hopefully not stalled for too much longer.
Anyways, I used to have my artillery mounted on 40mm wide bases but went with 50mm wide for this unit. I think it works a lot better.
They are a mixture of sets FN17, 18 and 19.
I like three to four gun batteries for Napoleonics. They look more like an artillery battery to me than a single gun model or perhaps two stuck on the table. My next artillery project is a unit of French Guard Horse artillery. I am going with Elite Miniatures guns (when I order them next week), Bircorne Minitaures crew and probably Hinchliffe Limbers because I have about thirty of them from a bulk lot I got about twenty years ago off a wargamer who was retiring from the hobby.