Zulu War: British Casualty Bases

Yesterday I knocked out these casualty bases for the British side in my Anglo-Zulu Wars project.  I had a few Redoubt casualties (all Auxiliary Cavalry) that I brought in an order last year – really to test the waters with Redoubt figures to see how compatible they were with my Black Tree Designs figures. Very compatible as it turns out.

IMG_5226
A Frontier Light Horseman. I don’t actually have a unit of these yet, but best to be prepared.
IMG_5227
A Natal Carbineer. I do in fact have a unit of these – subject of a post next week when I take some pics.
IMG_5231
A Redoubt Natal Carbineer that I converted to be a Newcastle Mounted Rifleman. based on one of the custom 70mm casualty bases I had made by Warbases in the UK.
IMG_5233
Another view of same. He arrived with the barrel of his carbine broken off so replaced with a piece of a pin.

I had no British infantry casualty figures on hand so turned to my Warlord Games plastics. I brought a bunch of sprues during one of their sales a year or so back and assembled one company of British infantry and got halfway through painting them before I decided that I didn’t like the plastic figures for this project….but that meant a lot of left over bits.

IMG_5229
A British sergeant comforts a wounded comrade.
IMG_5234
Started life as a standing firing pose. But then again don’t they all.

IMG_5223

Advertisements

One thought on “Zulu War: British Casualty Bases”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s