This small unit of British Lancers is the first cavalry I have done for my Zulu Wars project. Once again these are based on individual bases and are slotted into sabot bases. These are quite nice figures to paint. I am not sure I got the uniforms right. Given my primary source is mostly the movie Zulu Dawn, perhaps I should have given them a red faced tunic but stuck with blue in the end. When I got these second hand there were nine lancers. I retained one to use as an escort for Lord Chelmsford on a command base. The riders have somewhat stumpy legs – they seem out of proportion to the rest of the body.